The Actuarial Society 2011 Convention is issuing a Call for Papers and Presentations.
Day one of the 2011 Convention will be structured around six work streams: Life Insurance, Retirement Matters, Short Term Insurance, Investments and Finance (including Banking), ERM and Health. Day two of the 2011 Convention will deal with general professional topics such as Education, Professionalism and a relevant topic (or two).
This is a Call seeking relevant papers and quality presentations that explore challenging topics such as, but not limited to:
- Regulatory reform: e.g. Solvency II, SAM, Regulation 28, Social Security reform
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Treating Customers Fairly
- Accounting reform: IFRS 4
- The unique contribution of the actuary
- Abstract submissions open on Friday, 1 April 2011
- Indicate interest to submit a paper or presentation by Friday, 6 May 2011
- Abstract of paper or presentation due by Friday, 1 July 2011
- Draft paper or presentation ready for review due by Friday, 26 August 2011
- Final paper or presentation due by Friday, 30 September 2011 (for prize eligibility)
Click here to download the Call for Papers and Presentations PDF