Registration Fees and Information
Registration for the 2012 Convention is now open!
Delegates can register online with a credit card, or request an invoice. Accommodation and social events can also be booked at the time of registration.
- Click here to register online and reserve accommodation.
- Click here to view the conference schedule.
- Click here to amend any details of your registration. Use the login user name and password provided in the confirmation email received upon registration.
Conference Registration Fees
|Standard Registration fee (Until 14 September):||ZAR 3,750.00|
|Full time students and academics (Until 14 September):||ZAR 2,475.00|
|Late Registration fee (After 14 September):||ZAR 4,750.00|
Delegate Registration includes
- Access to all convention or seminar sessions
- Access to the convention exhibition
- Lunches and refreshments on all convention or seminar days
- Delegate materials and convention or seminar proceedings
Additional Registration Items
|Convention Dinner Ticket (16 October):||ZAR 450.00|
Delegates have the option of reserving accommodation through the 2012 Convention online registration process.
|Hotel||Room Type||Rates (ZAR)|
|The Westin, Cape Town||Single
|Southern Sun The Cullinan||Single
|Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town||Single
|Park Inn by Radisson||Single
|Hollow on the Square||Single
Rates quoted are per room, per night, including breakfast, including 14% VAT, excluding a compulsory 1% Government Tourism Levy.
Click here to register online and reserve accommodation.
2012 Convention Terms and Conditions
1. Registration and accommodation will only be valid once all monies are received and cleared.
2. All payments to be made payable to Actuarial Society Conference.
3. All cancellations must be received in writing.
4. Cancellation fees will be imposed as follows:
- Cancellations 90 days prior to the start of Convention will receive a full refund less a 10% administration fee.
- Cancellations between 89 and 30 days prior to the start of Convention will be refunded 50% of fees paid; if fees are outstanding the delegate will be liable for 50% of the fees.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations within 30 days of the start of Convention or no-shows and the delegate will be liable for the full amount due.
5. Completed registrations will be acknowledged within 7 days.
6. Registrations are transferable to delegates not yet registered only if the Convention Secretariat is informed in writing.
7. All fees are payable in South African Rand (ZAR) within seven days of invoice. Any short payment resulting from bank charges and/or exchange rate fluctuations will be charged back to the delegate.
8. Registrations may not be shared, i.e. company name tags will not be issued and name tags may not be shared.
Monday, 15 October
Swiss Re Golf Day - FULLY BOOKED
Venue: De Zalze Golf Course, Stellenbosch
Time: 1st tee-off at 11:30
A maximum of 104 players can be accommodated. The day will end off with a prize-giving reception.
Swiss Re Beginners Golf Clinic - FULLY BOOKED
Venue: De Zalze Golf Course, Stellenbosch
All the necessary equipment and balls will be provided. A maximum of 30 participants can be accommodated.
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please email:
Project: Ikamva Labantu's Noluthando Senior Club in New Crossroads
Time: 09:00 – 16:00
Participants will depart from a central meeting point in Cape Town and travel together to the project. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. The day's work will include painting and assisting with remedial work to the grounds, kitchen and bathrooms. A financial contribution will have been made in advance so that some preparatory work can be done, ensuring a productive day. For further information on Ikamva Labantu's Noluthando Senior Club in New Crossroads click here.
Tuesday, 16 October
Venue: The Lookout at the V&A Waterfront
A new and exceptionally picturesque Cape Town setting. With a cabaret theme this will truly be a night to remember!
Wednesday, 17 October
Dave Miller Workshop: Let's Talk Style - FULLY BOOKED
Time: 15:00 – 17:30
A highly interactive 2.5hr workshop understanding your own style and spotting other's styles. It will conclude with some take outs on how to effectively adapt your style so as to ensure better relationships in an organisation, across your career and in your general circle of life. For further information click here.
Launch of The Actuarial Women's Committee.